Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writers group

4 posters

Go down

Writers group Empty Writers group

Post by Areada Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:34 am

SO! (Not sparkly orange)

I have successfully implemented a system for our hidden-ish forum for writing more original things. For the moment, it is all super-hidden, just because. People who are part of a 'writers' group can view and post. I assume you all want to be in this group, so I'll add you all immediately. What I wanted to know is the policy on new people, should they stumble upon our site, being allowed to view it as well. It's up to you all, of course. Very Happy
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Writers group Empty Re: Writers group

Post by Nayaby Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 am

I don't have any immediate plans of posting works I intend to have published. In fact, I'm doubtful I'll ever really attempt to get any work of fiction published. So I'm fine with it being viewable by new members, but it's more up to people who don't want their ideas potentially stolen I suppose.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 am

No, I'd personally like it to be hidden from new members (does that include search engines?). Though I may not want to publish every idea/story, but I don't like the idea of someone I don't know or trust being able to see and steal them.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:44 am

That's absolutely fine, Elfie. I rather agree with you. It's pretty much completely hidden, even on the main page, to people who aren't in the group. Right now everyone can see it, but that's because it's just us from MG here right now.

I'm not sure about the search engines, but I sort of assume so, given some of the explanations on the forumotion forum.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:42 am

I think maybe the Stories sub-forum can only be accessed by members of the "Writer's Group." So it remains locked/hidden from other new members.

As for search engines; I typed "spicedtoaststories + forumotion" and other things like that. No hits so far, so we're off the Google spider bot for now.

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 am

Lycanthrope wrote:I think maybe the Stories sub-forum can only be accessed by members of the "Writer's Group." So it remains locked/hidden from other new members.

As for search engines; I typed "spicedtoaststories + forumotion" and other things like that. No hits so far, so we're off the Google spider bot for now.

Well, there was a Google bot here earlier. I don't know how long it takes for stuff to show up on search engines, though...
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down