Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEED THE BEAST(that is our ego)

+3
Nayaby
MozytheHealer
Zip
7 posters

Go down

FEED THE BEAST(that is our ego) Empty FEED THE BEAST(that is our ego)

Post by Zip Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 am

See who you write like!

I'm particularly upset that I write like the fellow who wrote Fight Club based on some cockroach tale I told my friendfriendfriends(I suppose I'll PM you if you want to, as not to clutter up the post), and the ever loquacious(I know exactly six words, forgive me) David Foster Wallace using the introduction of Jarvis Boffan. I suppose that would be a rather neat tidbit, but the frustration comes from plugging in my friendfriends' writing and seeing that the both of them write like Douglas Adams.

sighsighsigh

Oh well.

FEED YOUR BEASTS, YOU BRILLIANT PEOPLE/SOULLESS MONSTROSITIES YOU.

Last edited by Zip on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: I did the obvious thing and plugged in this post, and it told me I wrote like H.P. Lovecraft. I took out the last bit about your ego beasts, and it told me I wrote like Chuck Palahniuk, the Fight Club guy, again. Suppose I have to read it now.)
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

FEED THE BEAST(that is our ego) Empty Re: FEED THE BEAST(that is our ego)

Post by MozytheHealer Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 am

I used stuff from one of our RPs, as I'm not comfortable usinging anything from any of my novels, as it's really crappy, and it told me I write like Neil Gaiman. :{D
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:48 am

Fun little thing, but it's wildly inaccurate I think xD

I put in a couple experts I wrote for Skybound and it said I write like Oscar Wilde and Jonathan Swift. Does that mean I'm secretly Irish?

In any case, when I entered a chapter of Elation (my still a work-in-progress "nanowrimo") it said I write like William Shakespeare.

Now, I just don't see any resemblance between my work and Wilde's, and certainly not Shakespeare's! Hehe.

Edit: Actually, kind of interesting. I entered several RP posts from Clueless about Artur Lore. I seem to be quite consistent with him, because 5/6 times I got J.K. Rowling. The 1/6 was Dan Brown. Heh.

Last edited by Nayaby on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My wizards are clearly biased.)
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 am

I got Anne Rice twice (on two completely different stories) and Jonathan Swift once. Huh. I don't think I've read anything they ever wrote. Does Anne Rice do vampire stories maybe?

Somehow I feel not too proud of these comparisons, having looked up the authors. Clearly, I need to work on my writing.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey! Anne Rice is really good! She's written Interview with a Vampire, and Queen of the Damned. Those are *real* vampire books, and good ones at that! None of that sparkly sparkly garbage!

I don't know a thing about Jonathan Swift though.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I put in two pieces of poetry, one regular and one alliterary. I got Anne Rice for the regular one and H.P. Lovecraft for the second. With how quickly it does it I wonder if it's just randomized...
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Not sure how accurate this is, ha.
Put in a few paragraphs from my nano story. I write like Margaret Mitchell, it tells me. Um... that would be nice, but not sure I'm there yet.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm

What's really fun is that it counts characters for a minimum amount of info necessary, and it doesn't ignore multiple spaces between words, so you can do things like "a [lots of spaces] a" (Raymond Chandler), or "a ... b" (J. D. Salinger).

Douglas Adams, apparently, writes like: "a ... z"
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:48 pm

William Gibson apparently writes like a curse word repeated over and over again many times.
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum