Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What music are you listening to?

+6
MozytheHealer
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Areada
Nayaby
redpoemage
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 5 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by Nayaby Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 pm

My favourite sci-fi music!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 5 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by Zip Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:34 pm

((I'd link to the actual music video, but it's something you can't unseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...))
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Romance isn't boring! I'm a flowers and dancing sort of guy. Real dancing, not the stuff most of the kids do nowadays. Not that I actually know how to dance *cough*

But honest to goodness, I view myself as a romantic. Things should progress with time and feeling.

Also, people these days are far too liberal with their pants.

Yeah, I went there!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 am

Meh. Emotionally investing yourself into something is difficult for me lately. Fandoms, people, the weather?(I don't know anymore). Blahhahla. But I'm sure I would agree with you if I was a better person.

Also, I feel like you'd really like this episode of my favo(u)rite podcast, You Made it Weird.

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 am

Wait, dancing? Like the Doctor dances?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Zip wrote:Wait, dancing? Like the Doctor dances?

*coughcough*

No comment.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 am

Zip, you naughty, dancing is dancing!

And, also, fun!
(I just recently took up Contra Dancing...)
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm deeply ashamed. *apologiesssssssssssss*

For the life of me, I can't figure out what contra dancing is from its Wikipedia article. Granted, it was early in the morning and I was looking at it through my mobile device, but still.
I suppose I could look it up on the Youtube video website, but then I'd miss out on you explaining why you decided to start doing it.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 am

Erm, I haven't really done much dancing besides contra, so I'm not sure how well I'll actually describe it, but...

Contra dancing is somewhere between Square dancing and English dancing. Having only done square dancing once and never done English dancing (nor, apparently, being very confident about how types of dances should be capitalized...), I can say that the basic unit of contra dancing is a pair of people -- usually a male leading, female following, but increasingly not caring about gender. Contra is a... called dance? Dance with a caller?.. Dance-thingy, where there's a person who calls out what to do so people know what to do. Contra dances consist of a pattern a steps, repeated over and over again. Most of the steps are with just you, your partner, and another set of partners, but after going through the pattern once you've moved up (or down, depending on which way you're going) in the line (Contra dancing is in lines) and you and your partner go through the next going-through of the pattern with a new set of partners.

Also, there is a good amount of spinning and swinging and yes.

Suggesting for understanding what is Contra: Read through my confusing rant, be confused, watch some Youtube video of contra dancing (like this one, or something), read through my confusing rant again, be less confused, understand what I was trying to say.

My explaining why I decided to start it is rather boring, though. I did it over the summer with a group of people I was doing unrelated stuff with, and I liked it, and so I decided to do it more. Um. Yeah.
I suppose I liked it because (a) I liked the music, (b) at the beginning of each dance, nobody knew the dance, so it wasn't just me, and (c) spinning!
And even more than that, in addition to spinning, there are spinny-skirts! Which look so cool when they're spinning!
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

[youtube]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-ejnsVCgM
[/youtube]

The entire Skyrim OST

Yeah, for the past few weeks I've been craving an adventure in Nirn... just another few weeks to go!

I'm excited about Hearthfire! Build your own house and adopt kids! The Dragonborn deserves family life too!

No gender stereotyping! I will give both my son and daughter a toy sword. No dolls! They must learn to be powerful Mini-Dovahkiins!

Laughter and fun in the Nord land of Skyrim,
Saving Tamriel with cool Dragon Rhymes!
Battling monsters while spreading good feeling,
Bad guys beware 'cause it's Dovahkid time!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm

redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm not a fan of rap, but sometimes there are exceptions. Particularly when those exceptions are based on my favourite video game!

https://www.youtube.com/v/qrNPzi6W3pY
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Ah! I discovered an amazing singer on Youtube. Her voice is brilliant!

Check out this video, and also the rest of her channel. Amazing stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pzcg3o2LUI
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:55 pm

That's pretty awesome.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:22 am

I suffer from voice envy :/ My friends tell me I'm a good singer, and I think I'm fairly decent myself, but I'm still restrained by my male voice. Women get the most beautiful songs. There are very good male songs I love singing, of course, but sometimes I just want to sing "Into the West" or some such. Singing songs like that in a low key... doesn't have the same effect.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

It definitely doesn't, sadly. I know how that feels. I've got a really low alto voice and a weird range, so I have to sing a lot of soprano-type songs an octave lower than it was written. Whenever there's a low harmony, though, I have started listening for that. It's much easier to sing for me(and on the rare occasion I'm actually in tune with the harmony and Areada's singing we sound fairly decent).
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 am

MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SDpC5ZYcA7M#!

This exists...... the stupid things people will spend money on...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I'd love to just hang out in there, buried or not.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I was planning to get you one for your birthday Vampire Son!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:10 pm

10/10

Aaaaaaaaannnddd...now for something tangentially related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lg_FoEy8T_A
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Red, I'm actually really enjoying your playlist. Nice and relaxing.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum