Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What music are you listening to?

+6
MozytheHealer
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Areada
Nayaby
redpoemage
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 6 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by redpoemage Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Nayaby wrote:Red, I'm actually really enjoying your playlist. Nice and relaxing.

Thanks! I actually didn't mean to share the playlist, but since you seemed to like that one I'll link you another. This one is for epic music, it's a bit heavy on pony though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bna9R11cBHQ&feature=share&list=PLEQ5drIhn_fqUjobXYozDUrChKVEsGMqI
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

What music are you listening to? - Page 6 Empty Re: What music are you listening to?

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Red, that playlist is making my having to read Sense and Sensibility so much more awesome. I love it. :{D
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 am

Doctor Who Orchestra! :O Thanks Red

Mozy: Read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. It's [mostly] the same as the regular book, but they added scenes with Sea Monsters into it. Makes the book less boring.

There's also Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

If I could, I most definitely would read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, except that this is for a class. But the epic music definitely helps(especially the DW stuff... :{D)
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Glad to know you guys like it! I'll tell you guys if I ever make another mood playlist.
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm

MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 pm

I didn't realize you play the violin. Very nice! Good luck with that contest.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 am

Wait, I've never mentioned my violin? Wow.....I've played for almost ten years now, and I practice allll the time. My violin's name is Esmerelda(he sounds really nice on the recording, actually), and then my viola's name is Eowyn. :{D

Thank you!
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79kWxB40Kc&list=PLABD1A989F27F0162

I have found a violinist. She makes me happy.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 am

YOU SAY THAT. WE'RE JUST FRIENDS. BUT I WANT. THIS TIL THE EEEND.

((i really loved best coast for like three weeks the summer before high school because i'm a huge sucker for pop))

Last edited by Zip on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : is it obnoxious to post the youtube video or should i just take it down and put up a link instead)
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Tschaikovsy Symphony 4. I don't really know where it is on youtube, so I won't link to it. I'm to lazy to go searching.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

that's my favorite symphony of his!
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm playing it in orchestra. It doesn't sound quite as awesome as it should, but we're slowly starting to not sound like we're dying.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:37 pm

So, this is amazing! As a guy who likes to sing, as amateurish as I may be, this is brilliant. The perfect example of a "female" song being sung just as well by a man. (I may be slightly jealous of female vocal range xD)

Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:44 am

redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 pm

friends, here in these Posts and out, wouldn't it be wild if i used this space to talk about the one quaker meeting i attended and a disbanded, beloved 90s florida punk band that's gripped my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kTSyiQ-1s

1) one of my dearest friends in this school traveled to a rural vt town for their work-study quarter a couple of months ago, where after a simultaneous political and spiritual crisis, they found god. the only congregation there was a fairly active quaker community, whose silence they really took to up there in the mountains. since returning to campus, they've continued to attend meeting, which coincidentally, takes place inside a tiny chapel on our grounds. i ended up going to a meeting after being goaded to sing hymns with them for weeks, and there's just something immensely enchanting about bleating yr heart out with <10 septuagenarians and their grandchildren about the theological exploits of their founder on an insouciant sunday morning and following it with an hour of silence. real change from the vaguely nationalistic anthem stylings of yr religious upbringing! not to assume too much on everyone's part though. also, in the middle of the hour, your school's pre-eminent film professor walks in with their child?? with a mustache? wowzers!! still, i can't say i've seen the light much afterwards.

2) i started listening to discount after getting really into billy bragg. discount did a cover ep of five of his songs! an anecdote i discovered after scouring the internet for reviews of discount mentioned that the band hadn't asked bragg if they could do it; they just went for it because they figured he'd be amenable to it. he was! apparently they opened for him on a us tour date once. anyway, discount's sound just carries a lot of incredibly frenetic and ramshackle energy in moderately lyric-packed songs that i love seeking out. i think it's all of the really unfortunate fantasies i keep indulging where i imagine myself fronting a cover outfit of my favorite artists, despite not inheriting my parents' protestant work ethic or being totally bereft of any musical ability. although maybe that's just what it's like.

shameless plug: my current musical landscape can be viewed at my exhibit in the internet's repository for contempy art: https://www.last.fm/user/jarvyboffa

yikes

hope all's well!
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum