Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Town Called Clueless

+4
MozytheHealer
Harry685
Elfie
Areada
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Town Called Clueless  - Page 5 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless

Post by MozytheHealer Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 pm

"That is Artur Lore?" Opal's brother asked quietly. Opal nodded, keeping an eye on him. "And the other is apparently Jarvis Boffan...." Opal's brother stayed silent for a few moments before turning toward the door again. "Opal, we're going." He walked out the door and onto the street. Opal followed quickly. "That will keep them busy for a while, so it's no use trying to get cleared now."
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Artur gave Alice a disappointed look, “Oh, that’s a shame. I was just getting all excited about the ‘physical challenge!’ Ah well, you’ll have to tell me all about it over tea sometime Mr. Boffan. I have plenty of tales of my stay with the Shkwaga Nomads I could regale you with!”

He followed Alice, briefly eyeing the Rhorzan riders as he did.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Mandy uncurled herself from the oversized, overstuffed chair she had comfortably nestled into the night before, cushions piled around and on top of her. She had fallen asleep there, as she often did. However, her thoughts had not been the pleasant ones she often had before dozing. And she hadn't been able to soothe their rampage whirl in her head, as she did when thinking about the SO and the SG, either. As she got up and started to organize her papers that she had haphazardly strewn about the room when she had come in the night before, one thought stayed in the back of her mind and rose to the forefront when she had finished and looked out at the lovely morning.

A murder. In Clueless. She shivered despite the warmth of the room. Who would do such a thing? When the news had broken, Mandy had at first wanted to follow the onlookers to the scene of the crime. But then the fear of crowds and a small, lurking thought telling her she might know the murderer, and her face might betray the fact, she had quietly sneaked through the alleyways she knew so well back to her house and locked the door firmly behind her.

A sharp knock startled Mandy from her thoughts. Could it be the sheriff, wanting answers? Had someone seen her steal away and had become suspicious? She walked slowly, nervously, to the door, holding her breath. She looked out a front window. Nothing. She opened the door, a tingly feeling running up and down her spine. Nothing. She looked down. No note or parcel or anything. Had she imagined...?

“Did I scare you?” A deep, mocking, male voice sounded from behind her. Jumping, Mandy turned and stared. Sitting in her huge chair was a lean, tall man smoking a pipe. He was stretched out, one leg over the other, grinning. His boots were immaculate, his formal clothing was clean and neat; he could almost be mistaken for a gentleman. “Sit down, sit down. We have something to discuss, don't we?”

“Like what?” Mandy asked, regaining her composure. Her tone was border-line rude and the man shook his head and tsked.

“Not very friendly. Woke up on the wrong side of the... chair, did you?”

“You've been spying on me again. What a surprise. But I asked you a question.”

“The murder, that's 'like what'. Why did you not go with the group, as the others did? What were you thinking? What if someone saw you?”

Mandy folded her arms across her chest and kicked the door shut. She wasn't going to show that she had had her own doubts as to her actions – he had seen her on her knees facing her misdoings more than enough times.
“No one did – except you. And you know damn well that you won't say a word. There would be too many questions. As for why I didn't go, that isn't important.” She smiled, feeling pleased with herself. It wasn't too hard to be brave. These last two days were proving to be much easier than she had ever thought they could be. Facing crowds of people – facing him – what were they but small hurdles to overcome? She had done it, and quite successfully.

While Mandy preened and praised herself, becoming too self-confident for her own good, the man chuckled inside. He knew she was putting on a show – a front of bravery and calm. And that swearing! Ha, she was certainly exerting herself! Well, he could have fun toying with her. He, Bradley Vincent, would show simple little Mandy Braeden that just because she went out in the world and pretended to overcome her shyness and fear of people, she would not be able to have the strength to get out from under his thumb, or be able to cow him. “Ah, isn't it? I could call the sheriff right now, say I saw you looking suspicious. I could just say, hm, that I'm a passerby, heard about the murders... Shall I?” He touched the phone with one long, bony finger, a questioning look on his face and smirk on his well-made lips.

“Don't!” Mandy cried, some of her self-confidence breaking. For just one moment, she had recalled falling in love with that face – that voice... Then she had shaken herself. She'd seen what and who he was; she could not, would not go down that path again!

Bradley clapped his hands, well pleased at the obvious affect he'd had. Just the one he'd wanted. “Alright. Then tell me why.”

“There... were... too... many... people. I - I couldn't. B-besides, I didn't think I had t-to...”

“Why not?” This, asked in a louder tone, made Mandy jump once more.

“I know nothing! I saw nothing! I couldn't be of any help!” Mandy's hands climbed up to her throat, clutching it. She did this often when encountering Bradley's rage.

“Hm. Hm. You think I did it, do you not?” The question came so suddenly. Mandy stared dumbfounded. “It is what you have been thinking since you heard, is it not? It was the reason you left – underneath all those other excuses, correct?”

“Yes.”

Bradley nodded, stalked to the window. “Go to the sheriff and tell her so. I will go with you, and answer any questions she might have. I suggest you think of some excuse for leaving that lovely little party after everyone else went to view the body. I except she will want to know why she shouldn't suspect you instead of me.” Bradley turned and went for his coat, slipped it on. Threw Mandy's coat at her, held the door open and waited for her to go.

She did, closely followed by Bradley Vincent. She gulped and clenched her hands. How could she have gotten trapped in this situation?
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 am

"I say! Cardamon said, jumping up from under the ledge of the window with a look of extreme concern on her face, "Miss Alice, Mr. Lore is with me. It's alright. If you were worried about something. I'm afraid this is all my fault or something. I sort of led these... strangers here because they needed to talk to whoever was in charge, who is you, Miss Alice. So-so there doesn't need to be any physical challenges! For anyone! Even Jarvis over there, although I know Iris sort of hates him and all that and you're best friends with her BUT THAT'S NO REASON TO-I MEAN, WE HAVE A MURDER GOING ON."

Cardamon stepped back, biting her lip and looking incredibly distraught, and rather shocked that she'd started yelling "Sorry. I'll just be leaving, then."

The rhorzan rider woman stepped forward, commandingly. For some reason, this hushed the crowd as effectively as Alice's warm and gentle shushing. An unnerving sort of silence fell across the room.

"The Ko'erey girl is, however emotionally compromised, correct." the woman said, "There need be no confusion, or humiliation doled out simply for amusement. Nor need there be meetings of secrecy. Our purpose here should be no secret to you citizens of Clueless, for we will be staying here for a long while in pursuit of it.

"I am Ete." the woman said, "My colleague here is Ral. We have come from the palace of gemfire in the chaos lands, searching for the Stone of Alkeladereanet. Our travels have taken us here. It was long a treasure of our people, stolen by barbarians long ago. Our order, the Guardians of Truth, have been searching for it for many years. In fact, exactly twelve, since we finally got our government in order, and our kings stopped killing each other. We have found our way to Clueless, and it is our belief that the stone resides here. If you do not mind, we wish to search the surrounding areas. Our purpose is purely in the retrieval of this treasure, and even then, if we find that this treasure is also one of yours, we would be more than willing to negotiate with you for a compromise that should suit all parties."

She stopped, "No secrets. We are the Guardians of Truth."

Ral stepped forward, "In return for being accomadated here, it may be that we can help you with some of your present troubles. If there is one thing we have been taught to do, it is to distinguish truth from lies."

Iris frowned, and nodded aside to Alice, "Their offer is tempting. I see no reason to not let them investigate, provided they don't bother the people investigating SG or the general peace of the citizens. And as far as truth-telling goes, they are unfamiliar with us, so I do not think there will be bias. Why not try them out? Put them to work for us. They've got alibis, at any rate, they weren't here until this morning."

Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Artur turned back to face the rhorzan riders as they spoke.

“Hold on,” he said, “Palace of Gemfire? Stone of Alkeladereanet?”

He paused for dramatic effect has he looked across the room.

“I… haven’t the slightest clue what you’re talking about!” Artur began walking up to the rhorzan riders, “Well, Miss Ete, Master Ral, your visit certainly promises to be an exciting one. In fact, things have been quite exciting in the little town of Clueless recently. I don’t suppose you’ve ever seen wood dissolve into nothing before, hmm?” Now standing beside him, he pointed his finger near Ral’s chest, though made a point not to actually touch him, as though afraid his finger might phase right through.

“I don’t know what you are,” Artur whispered so only the two strangers could hear, not wanted to alarm the others in the room, “But do not think for a moment that I will allow another one of these people to come to harm. Find your precious stone and get out.” His voice displayed uncharacteristic malice, but when he backed away it had regained its usual peppy demeanor.

“I suppose Clueless could use a little adventure! You’ve all been getting lethargic, tasting wine all day. Now look at your, two excited things in two days! Maybe you’ll make it three for three? We’ll have to wait and see!”
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 pm

"Wood dissolving?" Ral said, with a scarily bright smile that simply reeked of understanding, "How fascinating. Perhaps you'd like to explain the circumstances of this phenomenon further sometime?"

"Excitement is food for the soul." Ete added, with a bright laugh, "I see your little town is more interesting than we'd previously imagined! Perhaps we won't find this expedition wholly boring, as we often do."

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Opal watched a young man, Mr. Wood, one of the men her brother pretended to be friends with, run past. Her brother smirked after he had passed them, and Opal smiled, rather creepily. "I suppose he's been found." She said, still smiling.

Her brother nodded and kept walking, but slower. "Don't look so happy. We don't want people to think us suspicious."

Mr. Wood ran into the room and walked hurriedly over to Iris, after glancing confusedly at the riders. He looked shocked. "Sheriff, I found another body." He said quietly, not wanting to alert the riders.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 pm

"D'freakin'arvit." Iris said, with a growl, "This week just gets better and better."

She signaled aside to Alice and said quietly: "They found another body. Presumably another murder, or poor Mr. Wood here wouldn't looked so waffle-damned shocked. If you wouldn't mind alerting the general public while I go off to investigate?"

Iris stepped forward, "Mr. Lore, would you be so kind as to follow me? And perhaps Miss Ko'erey? Oh-I forgot, you haven't alibied out yet...well, come anyway, for now. We'll need your brother at some point, so you can fill him in. Mr. Wood? Would you lead us to the place of interest?"

She strode out the front doors, not even glancing at the Rhorzan Riders.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 pm

If Artur was reluctant to leave the Rhorzan Riders, he didn't show it.

"Right, of course," he said, matching her pace. "Two villagers dead and mysterious strangers at our doorstep," he said when they had exited the building and were out of earshot of the others. "That isn't remotely suspicious. You don't actually trust them Iris? They... give me the willies."
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Mr. Wood lead them to an alleyway behind a bar and gestured at the body. It was a boy of about the same age as Opal's brother, and had been stabbed many many times, presumably by a sharp knife.

Opal eyed them as the walked past, and her brother lead her after them, maintaining an air of 'curious bystander'.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:28 pm

"They are incredibly strange and a bit high and mighty for my liking." Iris said, as she walked, "However, provided they keep to themselves and do not disturb the peace, I have no basis for anything more than personal suspicion. More suspicious is the fact that there are two people dead. I need to know if they are related in any way."

"Though," she said, stopping at the body and considering it, "They couldn't look more different. This one reeks of bar brawl."

Cardamon was staring at the body with more than a little horror, "Who do you suppose-I mean. That's a little overboard, isn't it? I mean-that's just malicious. Wasn't the other one more-more, well, less bloody?"

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

Alice visibly shivered after hearing the news after hearing the news of another murder. When she first took the job, she didn't foresee handling death to be one of the duties of the mayor. No, instead she was prepared for more traditional mayoral duties like hugging small children and raising taxes on those with small children.
All for the sake of the children, of course. Those bypasses have to be paid for somehow.
After regaining her composure, she fixed her hair and turned towards the Rhorzan riders and spoke quietly in a reserved, almost menacing voice,
"I speak for the town when I say we're honored to host you and we'll allow you to find your rock," she said before her voice took on a more threatening tone, "However, if even a word leaks out about your visit outside of the town gossip circles..." Her voice trailed off before she chuckled a bit, "As you know, Magnificence and the Chaos Lands have never had an easy relationship in the past. If they find out that we've been harboring mysterious riders from there and let them take a potentially powerful magical artifact out of the town? By Her Soaked Tendrils, Clueless would be swarmed by so many Magsy soldiers so quickly that you won't even have time to say..." she hesitated. "Darn," she finally decided on, hating herself just a little bit more.

"Albeit, Magnificence is so concentrated on rooting out 'terrorists' in Cyril, that they wouldn't even care if the entire kingdom of Chayne Sa fell to the bottom of the ocean." She took a deep breath and smiled a warm mayoral smile, looking for agreement.

Meanwhile, the crowd was still so busy buzzing about the new murder, that they only just noticed Alice talking to the riders. She noticed this, and decided to take advantage of it.

She walked away from the Rhorzan riders, addressing the crowd more than them at this point. The crowd was immediately shushed. "However, if I find out that you're responsible for these murders, you better scream. Scream loud enough, make yourself be heard! Because even a million of those imperial brutes won't stop us from getting justice for Ms. Waters and Mr. Ru-I mean, Mr. Wood!" She accusingly pointed at the two of them, giving them a wink.
The crowd didn't notice, though, and erupted in uproarious applause.

Alice basked in their praise, and subtly motioned for the two of them to get out while they could.
-----

Jarvis clapped, too, from behind the building away from his good keeper, Captain Ronnit.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 am

"Expendromalariuslimus HA!" yelled the wizard. "Ah ha! You shall never utter anything magical ever again!"

"You lie!" growled Doc. He does a little jig with his feet, sliding them on the ground to create a complex diagram. He points to his opponent. "By the power of fabulous gems, I CAPTURE YO-...."

"Ahahahahaaha!" Laughed thie wizard. "You are now powerless before me. BOW DOWN TO MY GLORY!"

"How can this be? I, the magnificent Doc, has lost?" Doc falls to his knees.

The stamping and murmurs of voices awakens Doc from his slumber. Hearing no reply from the woman he was speaking with earlier, Doc sought refuge at the local bar; afterwards, he fell promptly asleep in the nearby alleyway, where boxes and discarded newspaper became his new best friend.

"Hrrrmmm," mumbled Doc. "What's with all the noise?" Standing up and stretching, he notices the paper he was sleeping on his soaked. Not to mention his coat and trousers on his right side.

"Errrr.... what is goi-.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" screams Doc, noticing the stabbed victim next to him. Then he notices dozens of pairs of eyes staring at him.

"Um... It doesn't seem like what it looks like!" cries Doc. "I swear I didn't get my hands bloody." He raises his hands in innocence, only to notice they're coated red too. "Uhhhh.... shoot!"

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

"Well, it seems you have gotten your hands bloody after all," Artur said. "And this certainly doesn't seem to be a magical attack. Did you stab this young man? Maybe you were so appalled by what you had done that you fainted on the spot. Or do you just enjoy taking naps in pools of blood? There's a species of raccoon that does just that you know. Their fur is a brilliant crimson shade because of it. Eerie creatures."
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Opal's brother almost smirked, though he knew that would make people suspicious. This would keep people occupied, and no one would be able to give him, or Opal, a second thought.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 am

Cawing. Where’s that sound coming from? Artur looked up, only to see the beady little eye of a raven staring back at him, head cocked.

“It can’t be…” he muttered under his breath.

The raven responded by fluttering down to where the corpse lay, and pecking greedily at the poor man’s eyes.

“You get away from him!” Artur roared, and fired a bolt from his wand that seemed to daze the bird, but not harm it. The raven shrieked and hopped off the body, back onto the roof of one of the buildings lining the alley.

“Mistress is coming,” the raven croaked, “Mistress no like it when Bitter hurt. Mistress no like you neither!”

“She doesn’t, does she?” Artur mumbled as Bitter flew off.

“Oh, that’s not true at all,” a voice behind them gave Artur the chills. He recognised it instantly. After all, Bitter never flew far from his Mistress. "I'm actually rather fond of you. Although, I can't help but admit I'd prefer it if you'd not harass my familiar in the future. The poor thing was just hungry."

"Gwen," Artur said, without turning around.

“You aren’t surprised to see me, are you Brother?”

“Me? Oh no, not at all. These murders reek of your doing Gwen. I’m surprised you didn’t turn up sooner,” Artur turned around, keeping his wand lowered but ready if it would be needed.

“Actually, I had nothing to do with the murders. You should ask them though,” Gwen nodded towards Opal and her brother, “They seem to know a fair bit. Can’t you tell? Maybe I’m just good at spotting bad eggs.”

“You did this Opal? Why!?” Artur said, “What did this man ever do to you and your brother that you deemed it necessary to take his life? People call me crazy…”

“You are crazy Arthur,” Gwen said, “You don’t even know your own name!”

“I’ve told you hundreds of times, I lost the letter H! It was a simple spell that got a little out of hand...” Artur insisted.

“Do you even hear yourself talk?” Gwen asked, “You sound like a complete idiot. You can’t lose a letter!”

“We don’t have time for this… Sheriff Iris, arrest Opal and her brother,” Artur said.

“Now, now, now, don’t get ahead of yourself,” Gwen said, “Maybe I don’t want them arrested. Maybe I like having murderers on the loose. Chaos is fun! You love fun Arthur, you’ve always loved fun!”

“I’m not a big fan of your idea of fun Gwyneth,” Artur said.

“Well, that’s unfortunate. And this was such a heartwarming family reunion too,” Gwen frowned and wiped an imaginary tear from her face, “But I’m sure we can find some way to have some fun, eh Brother?” She tapped her staff on the ground and the bloody corpse shrieked.

It was an unearthly shriek. It was an unholy shriek. It was the sound a man made when he was ripped from the other side and returned to his mutilated corpse. There was nothing such a soul could do except turn to utter madness.

“No!” Artur said, pulling Tortimer from his robes. With a tap of his wand, the tortoise became an emerald green sword. Wand in his right hand, and sword in his left, Artur quickly moved to attack the living corpse. He was shocked to find his way blocked by a magical barrier.

“You against a single undead minion?” Gwyneth said, “That hardly seems fair. No, why don’t we let your friends play with him. You can play with me!”

Gwen raised her cold iron staff and swung it at Artur, who parried it with his tortoise-sword. Artur fired a wand bolt at the witch, but it was quickly dissipated by a wave of her hand.

“You can do better than that Brother!” Gwen cackled.

Artur shouted something incomprehensible and a pillar of fire erupted from his wand.

“That’s more like it!” Gwyneth said, and a spiraling line of green mist came forth from her own staff.

The flames and mist met and seemed to lock in a magical standoff. Both Artur and Gwyneth had strained faces, as if their magic was exhausting their physical energy as well as mental.

Meanwhile, the reanimated corpse lunged towards the others…

---

Suddenly, Artur shook his head, coming to his senses. He'd dozed off into a day dream. None of that had actually happened!

Artur looked to Doc, waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Nayaby on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : APRIL FOOLS!)
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:36 am

Iris snorted, "It would take one heck of an idiot to stay at the crime scene, and bloody at that. I'm afraid what we have here is very unfortunate and accidental circumstances. That being said, no alibi has been stated and proven, but in light of the fact that it would take someone of utterly mind-blowing stupidity to stay at the crime scene, especially bloody, I will consider our possible culprit here no different from any one of you, who also do not have an alibi."

Iris was saying this very cheerfully. She was rather obsessed with alibis, and sometimes Cardamon wondered just how sane the Sheriff actually was.

"Excellent to know it isn't a magical attack, however." Iris said, "And less bloody is right, Cardamon. Much less bloody. Well, let's get this guy off to the morgue and I believe we'd all better be at the funeral for the poor girl killed last night in roughly twenty minutes. There's bound to be more drinking, and I don't want to miss the good stuff."

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Doc stutters. "B-b-b-but! I would never hurt anyone! I'm innocent! I have no sharp objects in my possession!" Doc opens his coat to reveal his inside shirt and belt, which was holding countless colorful bottles filled with strange liquids, powders, and who knows what else. "Look, search me all you want! Nothing sharp! The closest you can get is my incisors in my mouth."

Doc then lifts up a bottle. "See look! Here's my evidence. A bottle of good ole Earthen Wine. My time was spent last night at this here bar here. I must've conked out in there here alleyway after taking a few swigs too many."

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 am

Jarvis put his hands in his pocket and walked in the general site of the commotion. He looked up and saw that odd, brownish clouds began to show up in the sky. He sighed, shook his head, and continued on to the pub.

He overheard Pendragon talking about another murder, so this must have been what she was talking about. He stopped near the outskirts of the crowd.

What? Is that...that's Doc over there! Jarvis thought, shocked.

Jarvis was a repeat customer of Doc's, after he discovered that Doc stocked certain items that weren't exactly available in the usual private sector. Although Jarvis did search for most of the items himself, reluctantly at any case, he did contact Doc every time an item was found in a location better suited for a gnome, or at least not Jarvis, such as the Scathing Dunes of the Generally Unpleasant People, or Ikea*.

In exchange for a fairly reasonable discount, Jarvis fudged the paperwork concerning Doc's technically illegal vendorship, instead filing it as a shop that raises triple-footed pigeons that looked slightly pregnant, for fun and profit.

As Theo and he would say, "Capitalism at Her finest."

He moved his way through the crowd, accidentally bumping into a relatively menacing looking man, who was standing to a seemingly harmless woman. He put his hands up, and shrugged, trying as hard as possible to not remain anywhere near him.

He eventually ended up standing next to the wizard with the aversion to colors. He looked at Doc and mouthed, You okay?

He then turned to Iris, and opened his arms up. "Darling!" he exclaimed with a smile even the most gullible person could see through, "Hope your day's been going well. Me? Well, looks like your secretary-err, partner has some more paperwork to do tonight." He sighed, and looked at her. He gave her a subtle half smile that sort of sent the message, "Sorry you have to go through this," or "You smell like you took a bath in hanforb saliva."

He heard a rumble and glanced up at the clouds again. They were definitely about to rain, but he couldn't tell what.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm

"Cabbages?" Artur wondered aloud, looking up at the clouds, then tirned back to Doc.

"Well, I don't suppose he looks much like the killing type. Neither does Miss Ko'erey for that matter. Did we ever decide for certain that she isn't being possessed by some demonic creature? That would be exciting!"
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat May 26, 2012 10:32 pm

"Oh, excuse me!" Cardamon cried, "Possession? Demons? I don't know what you're talking about!"
She frowned, in a way that simply screamed indecision and extreme mental torment, "I would never murder anyone."

--

Iris sighed, brushing off Jarvis as not-politely as she could manage. "Alright, folks, back to the station. We'll sort this mess out there. The morticians will be here in minutes for the body."

She sighed. This day was going awfully.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Opal glanced up at her brother, looking innocently scared, and he flashed a small smirk at her and said softly, "Let's go. They don't have time for our alibis right now, what with everything else they have to do."

Opal nodded, making sure not to drop the act. "Right, Em. We still have that wine from last night." She said it very quietly so that no one would hear.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun May 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Leagues away from the Village of Clueless, a secret meeting was occurring between two shadowed figures.

"So, you've finally dragged me out into the open, huh? This better be worth my while." The first of the figures was a man, who seemed as of he could flicker into the darkness in an instant and never be seen again. Clearly, the shadows were his element.

"Oh, I assure you this venture will be quite profitable for the both of us. There is much power to be gained here." The second figure was unmistakably a woman, her voice managing to be sultry and powerful at once.

"Power's great and all," the shadow-man said, "But I prefer more tangible payment, if you know what I'm saying."

"Of course," the woman smiled faintly in the moonlight, "Two thousand now, and another ten thousand when the job is done. Just as we agreed."

"We came to an agreement rather quickly last time, didn't we? I'm starting to think my work's worth more. I want three thousand now and fifteen when I get back." The man crossed his arms and leaned against a tree.

"I accept your terms," the woman replied without a flinch.

"Just like that, huh?" The man asked.

"Money is no object to me," the woman said, "What I desire transcends petty coins." She retrieved a heavy-looking pouch from her robes and handed it to the man.

"Whatever you say lady," the man said, "As long as I get paid, I won't argue with your skewed priorities." He took a gold coin from the pouch and tested it with his teeth.

"This is the real deal!" He said, "Not leprechaun gold or nothing!"

"You do me dishonor! I wouldn't dare dream of cheating the Prince of Thieves," the woman said.

"Somehow, you don't come across as someone who'd terribly mind cheating  her own grandmother," the man said.

"You're closer than you think," the woman grinned. She handed the thief a tiny vial of ruby liquid. "The contents of this vial are essential to acquiring the... item I desire. Pour the blood onto the item to dispel the enchantments protecting it, including that blasted boomerang charm that always returns the item to its owner."

"Blood, huh. I'm supposed to pour blood on the... And then steal it? This is definitely the weirdest job I've ever pulled." And in moments the man was a part of the shadows, all but gone.

The woman grinned in the darkness.

"Time to play, Little Brother..."
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Iris demanded the presence of everyone at either crime scene at headquarters, where they were all set to work checking alibis, Iris's little favorite thing to do when faced with crimes. Two days later that had concluded that, assuming everyone in town was telling the truth, there were fifteen people whom another could not vouch for for the crime of the girl in the town circle, and a good thirty for the alleyway crime. Iris sighed, and let everyone go for a few days while she planned out her next method of investigation.

Cardamon and Theo walked out, blinking in the sunlight. Cardamon was very quiet. She was on both lists.

"Cheer up, sis!" Theo was saying, "Just because you are a suspect doesn't mean you did it, you know! Nor does it mean the lists are completely accurate. Remember, the real culprit could have an accomplice or something who is lying so they have an alibi."

"I just..." Cardamon said, trailing off indecisively.

Theo was really worried about his sister. Ever since the murders, she'd been awfully unstable. The two strangers who had arrived in town and promptly holed up in an inn had only solidified her indecisive worries. She didn't care that she was a suspect-but she did. She was worried about a murderer or murderers being on the loose-and she didn't. It was very difficult to get anything out of her.

"It's just upsetting." Cardamon said, firmly.

Theo stopped thinking about it.

"Cardamon?" said a voice from behind them, "When I heard you were a suspect for these nasty crimes, I couldn't help but laugh. It seems so perfect, somehow."

Theo grimaced. He had no desire to entangle with Fyrrn Vera. The dislike between Cardy and Fyrrn was borderline toxic. He couldn't remember why they hated each other, and really didn't want to get caught in the middle. Again. The last ten times were bad enough.

"Cardy, you know, I think I might run along and meet Jarvis for a drink and business..." Theo said, awkwardly.

Cardamon was not paying attention. She had turned around and was staring at Fyrrn, a dark haired and dark eyed, rather short sort of nice looking girl who had a perpetual gleam of challenge in her eyes.

"Perfect." Cardamon said slowly, "That's so nice of you to mention."

Fyrrn shrugged, "You can't deny, it's sweet justice. You did get me in trouble that time."

Cardamon glared, "Hm, I did, didn't I?"

"I doubt you actually murdered the girl." Fyrrn said, "Goodness knows you haven't got that in you. But evidence can be so misleading! Oh, I do pity you, should things go badly..."

Something about Fyrrn's look was very awful. Theo wondered again just what the two women had fallen out about so long ago that had them conniving against each other like this.

Cardamon swallowed, then shrugged, "Thanks for your pity. It's nice to know you care."

Fyrrn grinned, "Always."

Fyrrn winked rather nastily, then left. Theo wanted to melt away and Cardamon just looked perturbed. They continued on the way home, but halfway there, they changed course, mutually agreeing that a few drinks were maybe a good idea.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 pm

"Please.... I did nothing..."

The man looked at him with something like pity, but not a pity for the current physical state the wizard was in. No, it was a pity for his state of mind.

"You have offended the land itself. You have vandalized that which feeds you, that which gives you shelter. You have tainted your own blood and endangered your village, all for power that is not rightfully yours. You stand tried and convicted of the crime of using that disgusting despicable dust, and you have the audacity to claim that you did nothing."

He paused, and took a breath. The last of the SO had been gathered behind him, blinding and overwhelming in the concentration of ill-gotten power. Between him and the SO was an archaic symbol written in cold blood. He reached to his belt, and unsheathed a knife that emanated purity.

The man continued.

"Take heart in your death, for it will put you above the levels of this impure magic that is 'sparkly orange'. Your blood will become part of the natural force, you will be absolved of all your impurities."

The man swiftly drove a runic dagger into the sorcerer's chest, letting the imbued knife take in his filthy life force, his blood.

"Now that you are pure once more, become a part of something larger than yourself, and become free."

With that, he turned and plunged the dripping dagger into the circle. A rift opened in the earth, and from it spewed a great light. Hands erupted from the land around the pile of filthy magic, dragging it down into the ethereal plane.

This village had been purged at last, the last offender of this great crime had been forgiven.

The man stood to his full height, his work done. He took up the dagger, the excess blood long since absorbed, and mounted his horse.

His name was Mahd, and his mission was righteous. He would rid this land of that filthy magic, that unnatural taint. He would destroy the impure dust, that sparkly orange.

He set off from the village, off from this kingdom.

Onward to Chayne Sa.

Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next