Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions!

+5
MozytheHealer
Lycanthrope
Nayaby
Harry685
Areada
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions!

Post by Areada Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 am

Ah! Well, I could make the forum password protected. That might work, indeed! I'd love to post some stuff I've got, and get critiques. And it could always get deleted, should someone get to publishing.

And I will see if I can fix the link thing. Silly, indeed.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am

I was hoping you could! Excellent. And thanks for looking into the link thing. Smile
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 am

Nah, I think the link thing is fine. Prevents annoying spammers from entering our lovely home.

As for the short stories thing, lovely idea. As I soon enter my Sci-fi/Fantasy class, I wanna have a chance to bounce off some ideas around with you creative minds.

For copyrighting issues, I guess a password protected forum would be okay. But how would new members join? :O

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 am

Link thing is fixed, I believe (but I will only leave it for a week, and then put it back up because of the spammers, as Lycan pointed out). And I will put the new forum up tomorrow. It will just be a section of this forum, not the whole thing. I believe that ought to be alright.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 am

How would new members find us? Shall we send spambots around with recruitment adverts?

I jest, I jest!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

Are we actually wanting/expecting new members? I wouldn't mind, just curious since I know that the my friend made our forum so no one else could sign up after everyone we wanted joined, which stopped spammers. We could do that, if we don't want any more members?
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 am

Maybe we can gain other MG players? I'm sure out of those THOUSANDS of people, a few must be role-players. TS hardly started and we had a great community of role-players, and that was only out of a couple hundred people.

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:08 am

I thought about that, but you know, TS was just something RPers would be drawn to, wasn't it? Or any writer, for that matter. Or anyone with imagination. The FB games aren't like that, though, so I'm not sure it would attract those people.
Oi, that sounds wrong. I'm sure you're right, there must be at least ONE creative person amongst them. How would we/they find them/us, though? I guess we could make a topic on the IP forums, but it's pretty much deserted there now...
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 am

I have a suggestion that when the board for posting things we've written goes up, a matching discussion board is also added for people to comment in.

I'm all for inviting some people from the Meteor Games forums to join if you want. There are some people who've been around since the Twin Skies days! I have to be honest though: I hardly even looked at threads not on the Roleplaying or Off-Topic Boards since VPN went down, so I'm quite out of touch with any non-RPers. I may not even be remembered.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry685 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Speaking of other RP-ers, has anyone heard from Draco, Red, or any of the others?
Harry685
Harry685

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Harry685 wrote:Speaking of other RP-ers, has anyone heard from Draco, Red, or any of the others?
They haven't been on the forum recently... Red and Draco are my FB friends, though, so I could always message them and ask if they want to come. I could do that tonight, though Draco hasn't been on FB in a while, either, I don't think...

EDIT: Alrighty, messages and link sent. I don't know how to contact the others... Well, actually, I have Morick on dA so I could try letting him know there..

EDIT 2: Well, Morick hasn't been on dA in forver either, but maybe he'll log in one of these days so I sent a message anyway.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

Elfie wrote:
Harry685 wrote:Speaking of other RP-ers, has anyone heard from Draco, Red, or any of the others?
They haven't been on the forum recently... Red and Draco are my FB friends, though, so I could always message them and ask if they want to come.

You remember me! Very Happy

But anyway, thanks for contacting me. I can't help much with the forum organization tonight because it's past 11 PM where I am and it's a school night, but I will try to help a lot tomorrow.
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

redpoemage wrote:
Elfie wrote:
They haven't been on the forum recently... Red and Draco are my FB friends, though, so I could always message them and ask if they want to come.

But anyway, thanks for contacting me. I can't help much with the forum organization tonight because it's past 11 PM where I am and it's a school night, but I will try to help a lot tomorrow.

Of course! Though, I had trouble remembering your FB name, and wasn't sure if the person I was messaging really was you (until I saw your e-mail - then I sighed in relief that I hadn't just sent a very strange message to someone else who would have no idea what I was talking about. :p
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

Elfie wrote:
redpoemage wrote:
Elfie wrote:

Of course! Though, I had trouble remembering your FB name, and wasn't sure if the person I was messaging really was you (until I saw your e-mail - then I sighed in relief that I hadn't just sent a very strange message to someone else who would have no idea what I was talking about. :p

Well thank you again, because that takes courage.

I'm not sure I am comfortable with people on the internet knowing my name and age and stuff...

Then again, I don't really care about that, what I care about is getting my inbox spammed with friend requests from relatives of people I know from the internet...

But yeah, it's getting really late, so, goodnight, see you all tommorow after school. Sleep
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry685 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Of course we remember you, Red! ^_^
Harry685
Harry685

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm

http://forums.meteorgames.com/member.php?15745-Silverbelle

Of the potential pool of recruits, she seems promising. Very Happy

In our Meteor Games roleplaying group, she asked if there was a "Treasure Keepers" roleplaying topic. Unfortunately there wasn't even a "roleplaying" roleplaying topic going on at the time, so yeah...

However, if we can contact her...
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am

Hrm.

I don't know. I'll leave all that up to you guys, recruiting-wise.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:52 am

Looking at the old "Player of the Roles" group we had, which included pretty much all the veterans of the old MG forums, we're missing a few people.

Lupia
Acronym
Draco (obviously)
Lentle
leanandslippered
Leah
And people I don't know/remember
Girlie
hardxcorps

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 am

Seeing as there's an Off Topic board, I would like to put forward a suggestion to rename this one. It contains such threads as Questions, Rank Requests, as well as the announcement for the writing board.

I would recommend calling it "Announcements and Suggestions" or some such.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

...I found Lupia on Kingdom of Loathing.

I put up Aequus' links from the Web Archive, and she asked if the roleplayers were still kicking around.

*deep breath*

And now we wait.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm

We're pretty good at kicking, if I do say so myself.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat May 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Pretty superb.

In fact, I'm almost tempted to sign us all up for a swim meet next month.
Top prize is $200.

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum