Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT NANOWRIMO????

+2
Nayaby
Areada
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT NANOWRIMO???? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT NANOWRIMO????

Post by Elfie Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:28 pm

I hate beginnings. I always try to write them SO dramatically, and then I fall flat and don't know how to continue... I've been using Nayabs suggestion ever since he said it, to start in the middle somewhere, but beginnings need to be dealt with sometime. *sigh* I really want to do NaNo stories from beginning to end, but I've been thinking and thinking how to start it, but have no idea. Four more hours of thinking better get me somewhere.... Sad
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT NANOWRIMO???? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT NANOWRIMO????

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 pm

I will totally write in my Halloween costume. It will be awesome. I can get the black hair-spray out of my hair later. WRITING WILL HAPPEN IN COSTUME!

*Spazzyarmflail*
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 pm

YOU CAN DO IT, ELFIE!

Very Happy Very Happy
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 pm

What were you guys for Halloween? I was a socially apprehensive student *cough*

Next year I'll go out with friends or something!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm

I was Jasnah Kholin from The Way Of Kings. :{D It was awesome, but I made the dress out of satin which is not good for cold weather.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm

I haven't read that, but obscure costumes for the win! How many people guessed your costume wrong?

I was a mosquito once, and people kept thinking I was an elephant. Sure, the wings (which were on my back!) could feasibly be mistaken for ears, but who gets 'elephant' from GIANT COMPOUND EYES!

*cough*

After that I was Zorro, but people thought I was a generic vampire.

I suck at Halloween...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm

I WAS ZORRO ONE YEAR TOO!

I am Irene Attolia from the Queen's Thief books. I have a gorgeous red 'velvet-lite' peplos style dress and it is so very comfortable that I would like to wear it forever and ever.

TWO HOURS TO WRITING
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 pm

46 Minutes for me, except I ought not to get into it, or I'll be exhausted in class tomorrow... DELAYED GRATIFICATION!

I lost on the coffee front though... *hides four cups*

Zorro! I'm actually Norro, since my name starts with N. Slash! Slash! Slash! The mark of Norro!

I wanted to be a space cowboy this year, but an authentic space cowboy costume requires a stetson and duster. Not exactly cheap.

It's a personal fantasy of mine to own a stetson and duster though. Heh. Some day, when I can justify buying clothing that would get me strange looks for wearing in public!

Edit: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb61/

It's so manly and suave...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Areada wrote:YOU CAN DO IT, ELFIE!

Very Happy Very Happy
YES! I DID IT. First 1698 words written! Woohoo! Very Happy I'll probably have 2500 by the end of today. It's 4 a.m. (no, it did not take me four hours to write 1698 words; that was with breaks, and I didn't start at midnight, exactly) so I should be in bed. Oh well. Long nighters, you are my forseeable future! Not that I am gonna write anymore. That will wait while my creative juices flow around and give me the next scene... and some storylines so the first chapter won't be the shortes chapter in history. Very Happy

I was... a sick person. Literally. A few kids came, since apparently we are some of the places that do have Halloween, go figure, but no candy, so no door opening. But they saw me and kept waving. xD There was a zombie bride and groom, that made me think of that scene in Beetlejuice. Not sure if we get that here...

I LOVE THAT COAT! I wanna be a man. ;(
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 am

Pff! Women can pull those coats off too! In a manly way, no less, if they really feel like it!

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST WORDS, ELFIE!
59 minutes for me...
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah, probably. Though it would look better on them, I think. Maybe if I put my hair up and where one of my cool 40ies-ish hats... Very Happy

Now I just need over 300 bucks to spend....

Thanks!! I feel so proud I'm doing it this time! Ah!

Last edited by Elfie on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 am

Women can wear men's clothes if they like! But if a man wear's a skirt he's scoffed at! I like to feel a nice breeze now and then! *cough*

But seriously, I wore a skirt one Opposite Day in high school. How free I felt!

-----

It's midnight!

Gosh darnit... I'm going to sleep through class, aren't I?

Ah well... I'll manage!

♪ ♫ Iiiit's wriiiiiiting tiiiiime! ♩ ♬
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am

I think men can wear skirts if the like... a kilt, anyway. Not the other girly skirts.

Good luck and have fun, Nayab! bounce
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 am

Honestly, when it comes to skirts, anyone can wear whatever they like in my opinion-but neither men nor women should wear small, spandex-ish miniskirts.

Although I think kilts are a bit more flattering to manly figures. It's something about the style. Now, if we could get a skirt line for men going, with styles based on kilts, things would be excellent. The basic kilt style in neutral colors (sans plaid just because it won't be a real kilt), excellent for going with t-shirts and then some more fun styles, varying lengths, maybe some bright colors-maybe things that would look nice with a dress shirt...

It's too bad I don't have any fashion designers in my novel this year.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 am

I love that you both take my inane ramblings seriously *sniffle*

I have a friend of Scottish descent who wears kilts frequently actually. He's also Wicken. He's my favourite Wicken Scotsman!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 am

Scotsmen have cool accents. But I like Irish accents better.

*emphatic nod*
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

Nothing compares to New Zealand accents! A soft Welsh accent is also rather nice, but some Welsh accents are really harsh.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 am

IRISH ALL THE WAY.

Also, I've been told I do a lovely Welsh accent. I wouldn't know, because I've never listened to one, and only cobbled some sort of scottish-inspired one together for a play, but according to several reputable people, it was great. A happy fluke, I guess...

These people may be reputable, but the fact that I've never really heard a welsh accent at length makes me suspicious of their compliments...

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

Happy accidents are good!

---

Okay, I've officially scrapped my previous NaNoWriMo plan. It's not working. Yes, I've given up on it after only 43 minutes... but it's not exciting enough.

New Brainstorm Time!

(I guarantee you I will have about a dozen different story beginnings written by the end of the month, and fail NaNoWriMo yet again...)
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 am

I did that last year xD I had two or three false starts and didn't get into the swing of things until day four.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 am

SCI-FI PEW PEW PEW!

Notice how I devolved from "The Illusionist" to "PEW PEW PEW!"

PEW PEW PEW!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 am

I approve. This looks like a promising direction to take your story.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 am

Very Happy

I'm starting in the middle of a space battle.

First person narration by the main character in the form of a flashback. Actually got the idea from FFX! Tidus' "This is my story."

How long until you can start? Six minutes?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 am

ACK! It's two people telling the story through flashback!

The second correct's the first's over-embellishments.

How exactly should I do this though... I can't have the entire story cloaked in "".

Maybe I'll colour code it.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 am

ONE MINUTE!!! *SPAZZZZZ*
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next