Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spontaneous Melancholies

+8
Draco
MozytheHealer
redpoemage
Elfie
Aequus
Areada
Nayaby
Zip
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Spontaneous Melancholies - Page 4 Empty Re: Spontaneous Melancholies

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Alright, excuse me while I rant(in story form) about a RP group I joined on NaNoYWP. You do not have to read it if you don't want to. I just need to let this out somewhere that isn't to this group.

So this RP started over a year ago. It's Steampunk, I thought that sounded cool, I joined. It's been pretty fun. It's not super complicated, I don't have to write posts that are to long, it's all very casual. Plus I just adore my characters. After a while the girl who started it slowly started becoming less and less active, and eventually we had to switch to a different RP site because of another girl who was turning 18 and couldn't be on the YWP forums anymore. Simple, right?

NO

NOT. AT. ALL.

We are now discussing a move for the FIFTH TIME.

FIFTH. TIME.

Think about that for a moment.

That means that in 13, almost 14, months we have had to move basically once every 3 months.

Do you know how stressful that is? Not to mention we have to move, but then we have to find a site that works for everyone, as well as their parents(O.o). We tried the normal Nano site at first, thinking that everyone had an account there already and it was pretty safe. Turns out that none of them are comfortable with them RPing with anyone who could potentially be older than them, especially not romance(which, by the way, this RP only has because they insist on shipping EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER.). Truthfully, there isn't much romance, nor would they be forced to RP it with anyone that they didn't want to. They would have had a choice!

So that was the first move. We found a good site, and it worked. Until we found out there was a limit on how many posts we could make before they insisted we pay actual money. So we moved again.

This time one of these girls searched the internet and made us a forum on some site that she'd found. That was cool, it was just us, not many spammers, and it worked. Except for the girl who had started the RP. So we had to move. Again.

I'm at number three, I think. So onto move number four. This time I suggested Forumotion. It's pretty cool over here, so I thought, it's a safe site, and it's not complex. It would be perfect.

They had other ideas.

Their idea was this site for teenage writers. I was not against it. Not at all. I checked it out, said it looked good to me, and then tried to get an account. This is were it gets unbelievable. This site not only wanted your full name and email, it wanted your address, school, teacher's name, grade, and a million other INCREDIBLY personal things. And the girls who found it were the same girls who had shot down the NANO FORUMS because they were uncomfortable there.

What?

So now we've just found out that the girl who started the RP isn't allowed on our Forumotion site. She hasn't posted in four or five months. I can't even remember all her characters. I mean, I am flabbergasted! She said that Forumotion was fine! And now her parents, who had let her get an account on the creepy personal information site, won't let her on it. Now we have to talk about whether to let her know that we can't move, or move to either Tumblr or Google docs, both of which I seriously cannot tell how that would ever work, nor am I very comfortable with. I mean, I sort of just want to kill off all my characters and say I can't deal with it anymore. And sadly, that really wouldn't be that hard.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Wow. I just had to log on to say how much that sucks, Mozy! I would have given up on those girls a long time ago, geez.

MozytheHealer wrote:

This site not only wanted your full name and email, it wanted your address, school, teacher's name, grade, and a million other INCREDIBLY personal things. And the girls who found it were the same girls who had shot down the NANO FORUMS because they were uncomfortable there.
Uhhh..... WHA---??? Not only is that uterrly ridiculous and rubbish.... but just plain, down-right insane.

MozytheHealer wrote: And now her parents, who had let her get an account on the creepy personal information site, won't let her on it.

Shocked I can't even describe the face I'm making at this, ha. What kind of parents are those, please? This site is waaay safer than that other one, just by registering alone. O.o Okay, then. Suspect

MozytheHealer wrote:I mean, I sort of just want to kill off all my characters and say I can't deal with it anymore. And sadly, that really wouldn't be that hard.
Totally understanding that =/ Really sucks when things break apart like that. A group I had joined moved about several times, as well, and eventually it was the cause of our... disbandment, I think is a good word. I can understand a few of the reasons behind you're movings, but still... And the parents aren't being very helpful, either.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm

I haven't given up on them because I love the characters I've written for this RP. I've put so much thought into them and I believe they're some of the most complex characters I've ever written, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. If I did leave I could definitely see myself bringing one of them over to a RP over here, if we had one that fit him.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Poor Mozy! Sad

Yea, I understand how you feel. After Gaiaonline went haywire and I left the site, I surely missed my characters on it. But, I brought a few of those characters here and there, and morphed them to meet my mature self. I guess the problem lies in either are you dedicated to the community you made with these individuals, or are you dedicated more to the individual characters you have developed?

Decisions yes, but I see no reason for you to start an RP Mozy. I definitely can make the time for it, as my hectic college schedule has slowed down, somewhat. I'm eager to delve into the realm of fantasy once more.

~Cheers
Lycan

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Lycanthrope wrote:Poor Mozy! Sad
I guess the problem lies in either are you dedicated to the community you made with these individuals, or are you dedicated more to the individual characters you have developed?

Decisions yes, but I see no reason for you to start an RP Mozy. I definitely can make the time for it, as my hectic college schedule has slowed down, somewhat. I'm eager to delve into the realm of fantasy once more.

~Cheers
Lycan
^^ What he said. You can always keep the characters, take them with you - they are inside your head, after all. And what you've written can be saved or rewritten to suit. Staying with them just for the characters, but with no love for them/the site/group anymore, is simply putting frustrations on yourself that aren't needed.

I second that. It might get crazy busy for me in the next few months, not sure when, but soon, but I think I'll be able to manage a post or two most days, at least before my Internet will have to be downed for a while. (is that even a properly-worded sentence at the end?) And then I'll be able to start up again immediatley, and/or squeeze in some time in a free-Wi-fi place....
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm

The group is fine. I mean, they are a little silly at times, but overall they're a fine group. As for the characters, the only thing that I can do to get out right now is kill off all my characters, but that would be really sort of devastating for me to do, because of their relationships with the other characters in the RP. So yeah, I'm only really staying right now because of the characters. I told them, however, that I'm gonna let them make the decision and then I'll decide what I'm going to do once they've decided what's going to happen.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm

God alive, please don't let them be Muslim.

Last edited by Zip on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *in reference to the Boston attacks)
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm

It would appear the bombers were from Chechnya, a predominantly Muslim region in Russia.

Never would I condone such despicable acts, but one has to take into account what might drive people to the breaking point. There are the drones flying around Chechnya/Kazakhstan, which have killed civilians. There was the United States (and basically all of Western media) turning a blind eye and essentially allowing a slaughter in Chechnya by Russian military forces. Desperate people will sometimes turn to petty revenge.

And really, it was petty revenge. But watch the media turn it into a Jihadist movement.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun May 05, 2013 8:50 pm

It's so incredibly awkward when you're in a quiet place like a library, but you've forgotten to put your phone on silent and someone texts you. It's even more awkward when your phone volume is on loud because you were playing a game earlier and your text-tone is a guy yelling "SPACE TEXT!"
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 am

When did we get spambots? Only Areada has the admin powers to destroy them. We need you :O
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 am

I let her know early yesterday morning. I thought she'd have gotten rid of them by now.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 pm

...*looks around* She couldn't possibly have gotten a sponsorship deal from Dish Network, could she? Is she the source?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:41 pm

My computer died, so I might not pop in as often D:
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:03 am

I am still alive, but barely. Just letting you all know.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Hope you get better Areada!
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:33 am

fricky frick i missed ollie day again ;(((
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Ollie Day! That was for the Phantom Orange Shirt Guy who quit Neopets and started to work for Meteor Games, but since Phantom Orange Shirt Guy was owned by Neopets, he changed his name to Phantom Olive Shirt Guy! Was that yesterday? That reminds me, my Neopets have been starving to death for years O_O Um... don't call PETA guys...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Picasso Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Nayaby wrote:Ollie Day! That was for the Phantom Orange Shirt Guy who quit Neopets and started to work for Meteor Games, but since Phantom Orange Shirt Guy was owned by Neopets, he changed his name to Phantom Olive Shirt Guy! Was that yesterday? That reminds me, my Neopets have been starving to death for years O_O Um... don't call PETA guys...
Fun fact: Ollie is working with Adam and Donna on their next game.
Picasso
Picasso

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:49 am

They have a next game?
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Picasso Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 am

Aequus wrote:They have a next game?
Yeah, a few months ago Adam did a Q&A on the Neopets subreddit, and I asked him what happened with MG. He couldn't say much, but he did say that they will do their best to explain everything when they open forums for their new game.

Here is the whole exchange:

http://www.reddit.com/r/neopets/comments/1hhhii/bingo_borovan_is_confirmed_ask_him_anything/cauhhrz
Picasso
Picasso

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Awesome! That makes me really happy. :{D
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

holy. thanks for the find, picasso!
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Okay, now I'm afraid that when they new forum starts, I'm going to come across as a cranky old person.

*hits self* Bad Aequus! Stop extrapolating pessimistically!
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm

OH MY GOD A NEW GAME WITH A NEW FORUM! This is just what we needs! We can get new acolytes!
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:27 am

The word acolyte makes me think of Dark Jedi.

Zhooom zhoom vroooom!

Also, does anyone have a 3DS with Pokemon X or Y? Or just a 3DS.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum