Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

+7
Aequus
Picasso
MozytheHealer
Zip
Elfie
Nayaby
Areada
11 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 am

I think it'd definitely be cool if she went elsewhere, now that Republic City is safe.

I really hate bloodbending. It's just way to powerful and though it's cool in the one episode, using it as a large part of the season was a little much.

MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Draco Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 am

Also the fights could be bigger, due to there being no worry of collateral damage.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:52 am

Yes! What happened to the crazy fights in Avatar?! Some of those were really awesome. I did like Korra though. The characters were very good, and it kept the whole Avatar sense of humour while being it's own show.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 am

I definitely liked Korra. My problem with it had nothing to do with setting, fighting, etc. I simply disliked the way they developed the characters. In fact, I have next-to-no emotional attachment to the new 'team avatar' other than Korra herself. I like Korra, Lin, and Tenzin. End of story. Everyone else is lame.

But other than that, great show!

(Haha no one actually needs to watch Slings and Arrows. I was just throwing it out there as something I was into at the moment)

Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Yea, the two guys were kinda lame. So was the whole pro-bending thing, really. Somehow Asami seemed to be the most effective of the team, her average fight lasting somewhere around three seconds.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Hmm, I suppose you guys have a point there. Mako was a typical brooding teen, and Asami just wasn't interesting enough as a character. I would have liked Bolin more if he wasn't trying so hard to be Sokka 2.0. However, I loved Pro Bending. Why not have bending sports? Way more interesting than football for sure!

Hopefully Mako and Bolin will receive some much needed development in season 2, and Asami will be cut from the cast after perhaps a brief scene explaining her absence.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Too tame, far too many rules. More interesting than our sports yes, but not as interesting as an actual fight.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:19 pm

This is a movie, but...

My friend finally gave me access to his Nettyflix, so I'm watching this fake documentary on what would happen if the South had won the Civil War(in this case, it was with the help of the United Kingdom and France after someone had convinced them that the war was about protection of property or something).

It's shot like a BBC documentary, and it's just...something. I don't...know.

Edit: It's called C.S.A.: Confederate States of America if anyone's interested.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Took long enough, finally found the new Doctor Who online! *grabs invisible popcorn*
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:16 pm

On Doctor Who-y things. I'm rereading from page seven on, and I'm getting a vague Eleventh Doctor-y vibe from Artur.

Did he have any influence on Artur?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:10 am

Artur's older than the Eleventh Doctor! But they are a bit similar, and as a Doctor Who fan, maybe a bit of the show rubbed off on him.

Next week: Dinosaurs on a spaceship!

Spoiler:
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Spoiler:
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Completely out of the blue:

Static Shock is the best 90's superhero show. Oh nostalgia!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Speaking of Static Shock, apparently Static is going to be in the next season of Young Justice! Woot!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:59 pm

In other news:

SPACE COWBOYS on Doctor Who tonight Very Happy
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 am

I don't...

I don't have the Beeb anymore, guys.
Bummer summer!
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 am

Doctor Who is back?! Yay! *looks if I can find it on Project free TV*
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 5 Empty Hi, I'm Captain Jack Harkness

Post by Nayaby Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:19 pm

But Torchwood isn't back Sad I'm starting to doubt Torchwood will ever be back...

Captain Jack Harkness... you were my favourite Captain Jack... of the two I know of... but still, that puts you in the top fifty percent...

Maybe Siraj will channel Jack. He's definitely someone I consider to be... Captain Jack-ish.

No pirates allowed!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm watching the entire Avatar series in one (3 day) weekend! Tonight is the end of book 3: Earth. Tomorrow...FIRE!
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Season 8 of Bones premieres today! Smile

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:51 pm

So on the latest Doctor Who there's a scene where Amy, Rory, and the Doctor are eating fish fingers and custard. I figure the easiest way to film this scene would be for the actors to actually eat fish fingers and custard. Which begs the question: do the actors have iron taste buds, or are they just that good at acting, or are fish fingers and custard actually good together?

So I have resolved to try fish fingers and custard myself at the earliest opportunity.

I like honey, and I like mustard. I adore honey-mustard.
Following on that train of logic......

/fullstop
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am

Nayaby, I am worried about your train of logic...
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:43 pm

My train of logic frequently falls off the tracks it seems :/

Anyway: season premier of Castle! I don't particularly like murder mystery shows in general, but Castle has Nathan Fillion, which is honestly the only reason why I started watching it. And I love it! It's no Firefly, but it's really great!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Castle! Yes! I also watched the premiere of How I Met Your Mother today. We don't get cable, so I went to the gym to watch it xD *sigh* Excercising so I can watch TV...

I like Castle well enough. There are better murder mystery shows out there, like Monk and Psych, but Castle is pretty fun. It's not like the greatest show ever, but it's a fun watch.

Speaking of television, I've recently been falling in love with Star Trek: Voyager. I mean, I was already a huge fan of Star Trek and Star Trek:The Next Generation (which is my favorite), but Voyager has captured my heart as well now. I just adore it, and the cast, and the characters, and the wonderful themes that Star Trek handles so well...

There aren't many shows out there that manage to get so deep in such good ways. There just aren't.

Yes, I kind of just love Star Trek. In general.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Its all about Bones, B)

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next