Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

+7
Aequus
Picasso
MozytheHealer
Zip
Elfie
Nayaby
Areada
11 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 8 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Nayaby Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 pm

I was just sent the greatest Youtube playlist of all time. The pinnacle of 90's cartoons; the unholy spawn of Batman and Donald Duck.

I give you... DARKWING DUCK!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3D04FE12A78B652D
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 8 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Zip Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 am

Time to get dangerous!
(am I quoting it right? I've never actually seen the series)

Any of you watch Breaking Bad?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 pm

I like Once Upon A Time and stuff, but what I really want right now is a spin-off called something to the effect of 'Princess, Warrior, Guyliner' and involving the epic shenanigans of the hilarious trio Aurora, Mulan, and Hook.

Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I finally saw the Hobbit last night! It was awesome!

I have to admit though, seeing Tolkien Orcs again after getting used to Elder Scrolls Orcs was kind of weird.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Gah!!! They killed off my favourite minor character! Aw... such is the fate of minor characters...

Edit: It seemed I got upset too soon! PLOOOOOOT TWIIIIIIST :O
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 pm

The next episode of Being Human UK is titled "Sticks and Ropes"! That's exciting! I've always wondered about the Men with Sticks and Ropes. Maybe we'll finally learn more about them!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

I just watched the series finale of Being Human UK.

The ending was... interesting. Overall, I'm not satisfied :/ And that's all I'll say about that.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:41 pm

That's exactly how I felt.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:59 pm

I guess it leaves it open for a reboot if it ever becomes un-cancelled.

Last edited by Nayaby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Just before I read the stuff in the spoiler thingy, are you talking about the end of what they have on Netflix, or is there another season that I don't know about. That happens to me sometimes and I don't want stuff to be spoiled for me accidentally.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm talking about Season 5 of the UK version. The finale season, not the one with Annie. It's only 6 episodes, instead of the usual 8. They had to wrap everything up because the show got cancelled. Annie, George, and Mitchel were awesome. I'll admit I really like Hal, the new vampire with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. But Tom and Alex weren't the best. Also, the show became a weirdly more childish, which probably contributed to its cancellation in my honest opinion.

I don't mind it being cancelled so much though, since George, Annie, Mitchel, and Nina's story ended and I've had enough time to mourn that. And there's still the US version, which I enjoy. The first season was very similar to the first season of the UK version, but it's since become a very different show. George's counterpart Josh is my favourite. And Mitchel's counterpart Aiden is quite... different.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 pm

I've only watched to the end of season 4. Didn't know there was a 5th season. I actually like Hal, and I have a question. Do they ever elaborate on his origins? Because I have a weird Shakespeare nerd theory, but it probably is wrong. I just want to know.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Yeah, his origins are elaborated on. It doesn't have anything to do with Shakespeare unfortunately. However, one episode of season 5 involves a Shakespearean (actually Victorian but... close enough Razz) ghost, so you have that to look forward to!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Well, see, my theory is that he's King Henry V, aka Prince Hal. I thought it made sense until a friend told me that no one but me would come up with that kind of twist.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 pm

That would have been cool. His real origin was pretty standard for Being Human vampires.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Ah. Disappointing. I think it would have been awesome if he was royalty.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 am

I think the deviation of the US version really set Being Human apart, and why I like the US version over the UK version. Better relate-able characters.

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 pm

They mentioned the Sarlaac in the latest Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (the Once Upon a Time spinoff show). A nice mythology gag because Disney's bought Lucasfilm. I'm all for the occasional light reference, but I'd much rather no Jedi show up in Once Upon a Time xP

Kingdom Hearts however? The Galaxy Far, Far Away better be a world in KH3!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 pm

I would love to see a Marvel world in KH3.
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8