Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

+7
Aequus
Picasso
MozytheHealer
Zip
Elfie
Nayaby
Areada
11 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 4 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Zip Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm

AAAAHH. AHH. AHH.

POLAR BEAR DOG HIGH-FIVE. AH. AH. AH. Laughing
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 4 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Nayaby Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah! I'm so unbelievably pumped for the two-parter next week Very Happy Though I can't believe this season of Avatar is over so soon :/

Areada: I just watched The IT Crowd, the episode where Moss tells everyone Jen's dead. Oh dear, I was keeling over with laughter. That was amazing xD
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Ahahahahaa! That's a great episode! Moss is just the best, isn't he? Ahhhhhh...*gigglesnort* You have to watch the one where he goes on this game show...
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 pm

*adds IT Crowd to watch list*

...You guys watch Flight of the Conchords, perhaps? Is it any good?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 pm

I don't want to turn you off Flight of the Concords, but personally I can't stand their show. It's dull and bland... Don't get me wrong: I think many of their songs are hilarious! But they should stick to songs in my opinion. The show is just... so dull.

But watch an episode or two to make up your own mind!

The next episode of the IT Crowd is missing from my usual wretched hive of scum and villainy (and piracy). I'm going to have to scour the web to find Moss and the German! (Must. Watch. In. Chronological. Order!)

Edit: Oh look, it's on Youtube! Split into ten two-minute segments! Maybe I'll watch them backwards...?

Edit 2: Oh O_o, sweet irony!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:10 am

Irony indeed!

Hahahahaaaahahahaa...

That's hilarious.

Agh, I always have to watch things in chronological order too. And read things. Nothing out of order or my mind goes crazy and thinks I couldn't possibly comprehend the storyline. I fear my mind is correct in most cases...
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:55 am

It looks like Team Equalist is blasting off agaaaaaain!!!!

Awesome season finale for Korra! Kind of wraps things up very nicely though. Makes me wonder what could happen in Season 2.

Also, I finished The IT Crowd. Too short of a series :/ I'm going to miss Moss, Roy, and Jen...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Man. That episode was daaaaaaaaaarrrrkkk-uh. I mean, there was pretty much no hope until about forty minutes into it.

Forty minutes of daaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrkkkkk-uhness.

...And I might just be heartless, but I didn't feel anything at all during Tarlock's backstory thing. Mhm...
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Awww... Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is apparently a really crummy movie. Since it's a Tim Burton film, I expected it to get higher ratings despite the ridiculous concept. Ah well, I'm still going to watch it. How could I not? It's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 pm

OH GOD NO SPOILERS, PLEASE.

...Oh. Okay. Sorry.

My amigoes(amigos? ...And that's why I'm a Spanish major) and I are going to see it...eventually.

We're also going out for frozen yogurt. Which we already did, because it wasn't out yet, but it's always a good day to have frozen yogurt.

Coincidentally, I've dubbed us all as Team Fro-Yo.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

You're a frozen yoghurt guy? ME TOO! Frozen yoghurt is amazing! Folks can keep their lame ice cream. Fro-Yo's the way to go bro! Fruity, and yoghurty, and nommy!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Whoo!

*yofive*
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 am

No, Zip! The correct response to: "Fro-Yo's the way to go, bro!"
is: "Woah!"

So... no.
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 am

Not really a fan of ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I heard some souls have a creamy texture, though.

Are you a fan of those? Or is soul devouring just a phase that you've grown out of?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Souls have an altogether more wispy texture, and do in fact taste like chicken.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:22 pm

I was wondering why my Saturday seemed so empty. No new Korrra Sad
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson The Volleyball Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:24 pm

There, there, sir. I am certain you shall find a new show to obsess over in no time at all.
Wilson The Volleyball
Wilson The Volleyball

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 am

*coughslingsandarrowscough*

But that's just because I'm on a watching binge of it. No need to follow my lead...

It's just so BEEAAAAAUUUTIFUUUUUL

In other tv news, was on a plane the other night and it was delayed for like forever so they gave us free tv when we actually got going so Mozy and I watched BIG BANG THEORY (very conveniently on several channels) the entire time. IT WAS A GOOD TIME.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 am

It was awesome. Really really awesome. :{D Especially after the delay and turbulence and evil stuff like that.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:09 am

Eh, not a big fan of Korra. Not nearly as epic as the first show, and it was much too modern.

The lack of an appearance of the avatar state does not help its case.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 am

I did miss the avatar state. I think she should've gone all avatar state on Torlok.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:28 am

Maybe I'll check that show out sometime. I'm not certain I'll get into it though. Maybe it'll click with me, but it doesn't seem like my usual type of show.

Really Draco? I loved Korra. Aang's story was epic, and Korra's was less so, but I thought that was good. How often does a threat as big as Ozai come along? But Korra really had the soul of the original series in my opinion. It was true to form, while also being something new.

To touch on it being "too modern," I'd have to argue dead against that. We all knew Aang's adventure was over, and having a new series starring him wouldn't really be any good. Sometimes writers have to recognise when a character's story is over and move on. So then the new series would have to focus on a new Avatar. Personally, I'd have loved to see the chronicles of a young Kyoshi (my favourite incarnation), but I like the direction the developers took the show. During The Last Airbender, the world is on the cusp of scientific revolution. The Fire Nation in particular is making huge advancements in technology, and with the war over they are able to focus less on militaristic advancements and more on social ones. Cue the Industrial Revolution. It would have been extremely unrealistic if Republic City wasn't as advanced as it was, because it would mean an effective halt in scientific advancement after TLA. It just wouldn't happen. Picture our world 70 years ago. Since the industrial revolution, technology has been advancing exponentially. It's entirely likely that the Avatar after Korra will live in the computer age. I'd actually be interested in seeing that, but I kind of still hope they write a prequel starring young Kyoshi after they're done with Korra xD
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 am

Not a fan of bloodbending either. Just some struggling to the ground where a really cool fight could be.

I'm not saying that how modern it is is unrealistic, but that I don't like it. At all. Most of the charm of the old show was how exotic and creative the world is, but this world is almost like our own.

It seems only republic city has this kind of thing right now, so perhaps her adventures outside of it would be better.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next